JOURNEY TO WELLNESS: Exploring Medical Tourism
What do the terms “health tourism,” “medical tourism,” and “medical travel” mean? Traveling abroad for medical procedures, surgeries, or other medical treatments is known as medical tourism. Nowadays, patients who travel abroad for medical procedures save money, and this phenomenon has grown into a multi-billion dollar worldwide industry. Joint replacement, heart surgery, dental work, cosmetic surgery, etc. are examples of services.
The driving force behind tourism is people who often become impatient with long waiting times, cannot afford to see a doctor in private practice, and may not receive treatment in some underdeveloped countries.
MEDICAL TOURISM PROCESS
- Contacting the travel agency to obtain a medical report with a medical history and diagnosis
- It is possible to discuss approximate costs, preferred hospital, and length of stay.
- A letter of recommendation for a visa is given to the patient after signing the guarantee.
- The patient arrives at the place where the case manager will find accommodation for him.
WHY IT’S BOOMING?
- COST SAVINGS: Sometimes treatments are cheaper in other countries, so people travel to other countries to get the same treatment at a lower price.
- QUALITY & EXPERTISE: In other countries, there are really good and competent doctors and also hospitals for special treatments.
- LESS WAITING: In some other countries, you may have to wait a long time for surgery or treatment. This will allow you to get treatment faster in other countries.
- VACATION AND HEALTH: People can get medical treatment, and after the treatment, they may enjoy their vacation.
- PRIVATE AND QUIET: Some treatments are private, like plastic surgery. You keep it secret and heal in peace: other countries have other offers that are not available in our country
- LANGUAGE AND COMFORT: If you go to a place where you understand the language and culture, you can feel more comfortable there.
Medical tourism in India is one of the best options for people all over the world. It’s booming because people want good care, sometimes at a lower cost, and they’re willing to travel for it. Just remember that it’s important to research and plan carefully to ensure you receive safe and effective treatment.